Health & Fitness
7 Must Haves For Work-At-Home Moms
As a work-at-home mom, I know firsthand how much ‘fun’ it can be to try and get things done while taking care of my kids. It’s a great option to have for a career, but it can pose difficulties as well. So today, I want to provide my favorite must-have items to make working at home a little bit easier.
- A Separate Room – Have you ever tried to read a book in a loud, chaotic room? Well that’s a lot like how productive you are when in a room full of messy toys, cartoons on the TV, or kids playing. When they’re sleeping, find a place separate to any of the kids areas. Here you can sit, focus, and get work done without any distractions.
- Diffuser – There are some seriously great essential oils out there right now. Some oils that are said to increase concentration and productivity are lemon, jasmine, peppermint and cinnamon. You can get a quality oil diffuser starting at around $25.
- Glasses with Blue Light Protection – It’s happened to me many times, after staring at a computer screen for so long, I start to get a headache and my eyes get tired. Protect your eye health and get some relief with Essilor Eyezen glasses. They work both with a prescription or without, and they help to bring your performance to another level. These innovative glasses are crafted to screen out harmful blue light from screens to help get rid of that digital eye strain you experience after prolonged usage of our digital devices. So finally, you can get the most out of your screen life.
- Wireless Headset – If you’re on the phone for a lot of the day, a wireless headset will be your saving grace. It frees up your hands to type, write or just multi-task in general. Plus, you won’t get a sore neck from tilting your head left and right as you try and talk on the phone.
- Surge-Protector – As you plug in your speakers, printer, desktop or laptop, wireless router, and any music, you’re going to run out of outlets. Surge protectors are so nice to have for this reason and make it much more organized as well. You won’t have to worry about tripping over cords here and there as they’ll all be in one place.
- High-Speed Internet – This will increase productivity instantly with the faster internet, the less time you have to waste waiting for web pages to load, downloads or uploads, or email updates. A good reference is that 15 mbps is fast, while over 40 mbps is super speed.
- Spotify or Pandora – Music can really help the brain juices flow as you work. Personally, I find myself much more productive when I turn on a station that I know I’ll love and just work away!
For more information on Eyezen glasses or see where you can find them near you, check out their website or talk to your Eye Doctor at your next visit. This amazing eyewear is comfortable and it selectively filters out the harmful forms of blue light while still allowing beneficial blue light to pass. They’re designed to reduce glare, improve contrast and can help prevent your eyes from prematurely aging. Sounds like a pretty great asset to have on your side, doesn’t it?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Essilor . The opinions and text are all mine.