Spooky Spider Cookies: Recipe
Halloween will be here before we know it, and I had more fun than any normal Mom with no children home should have making these perfectly adorable little peanut butter and chocolate spider cookies! Yes, while the kids are away the Moms shall play! Anyway, I saw something similar on Pinterest (go figure) and wanted to try out my own version. They came out super cute and don’t worry, I shared with the kids once they got home.
I cheated and used this 3 ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe as my base. And yes, they are just as easy as they look! You can do this!
To get these little critters started you will bake your desired peanut butter cookie recipe as per directions. While those cool get the following ready:
– 36 Milk Duds or Whooper Chocolate Balls
– 36 Wilton Candy Eyes
– 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Scoop the melted chocolate in a zip bag. Close the bag and snip off a small portion of one corner to create a hole.
2. Once your cookies have cooled completely place a small dot of melted chocolate on a chocolate ball and place on the cookie to resemble the spider body (x2). Pipe 8 legs on each cookie starting at the body of the spider down the entire cookie.
3. Place a small dot of melted chocolate on each eye and place on the spiders head. That’s it!
These adorable spooky spider cookies look amazing and will look like you spent all day in the kitchen. We both know that isn’t true, but your secret is safe with me!
Hello! My name is Missi and I am an all around DIY-er and I believe in sharing my life so that I can save you time, money and a few headaches! I’m always learning from my parenting screw-ups and hope to one day be the cool mom!