Chocolate Protein Cheerios™ Bars
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Cheerios™ and Acorn Influence. All opinions are my own.
Summer is always so much fun, I feel like it gives me a boost of creativity that the winter just doesn’t provide for me. Most recently, I wanted to make some healthier snack bars that we could bring to the beach, park, or to the cabin! So I set off to Walmart to pick up the ingredients.
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 cups Honey Nut Cheerios™
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3 scoops protein powder (I like to use chocolate)
- 3 squares of meltable chocolate bark
- Combine protein powder and Honey Nut Cheerios™ into a large bowl.
- Cut in peanut butter and honey, stir until thoroughly combined and protein powder is completely mixed in.
- Grease a 9×6″ or similar plastic container.
- Pour Cheerios™ mixture into container and press until even and packed down.
- Melt chocolate bark in the microwave until spreadable. Then pour melted chocolate over bar mixture in a thin layer. Spread with spatula to coat evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, then serve!
Makes about 12 bars.
We’ve already made these bars a few times at our house this summer and they are so good to just grab a quick snack from the fridge! Even my daughter loves them, and she doesn’t know that they aren’t junk food! Win win for this mom 🙂
Will you be making them for your family? What tweaks would you make? I’d love to hear in the comments below!